June 20 2020, 10am -4pm
(rain date June 21)
What's your quarantine creation?
Share it with your community in an un-curated, all-welcome exhibition across East Hampton.
* Click HERE to get the exhibition map on your phone using the Google Maps app. Keep in mind that cell service in East Hampton is spotty – we recommend clicking this link before you set out for the day. You can also plug addresses in manually using this master list.
Here's some more info!
Art Apart is designed for our socially-distant times: by registering online and getting on the tour map, artists will share what they’ve created in these months of isolation on their own roadside property, and viewers will visit from the safety of their cars.
This period of solitude and anxiety has created new conditions for artists — it is not business as usual, even for those who are used to long days in the studio. For many others suddenly at home, folks are turning to long-abandoned creative pursuits or amping up their hobbies,
parents are inventing new ways to engage their kids, and many are turning to art to occupy themselves and soothe frazzled nerves. “Home” is the new fertile ground for a literal explosion of art. And what better place to display the fruits of our isolation than in front of our houses?
OUR LIST OF ARTISTS IS GROWING! Here are a few you may know; Perry Burns, Scott Bluedorn, Idoline Duke, Peter Spacek, Carlotta Manaigo, Jane Martin, Barbara Thomas, Alejandro Martin Lorenzo, Janet Jennings, Andrew Blauschild, Kai Parcher-Charles.
Exhibitor registration is closed.
You do not need to register to visit the exhibition! Just get the map on your phone and hit the road.
• Open to all East Hampton Town residents! Just visit our website, sign up, get on our tour map, and be part of the fun!
• Out-of-towners can partner or co-exhibit with EH artists by registering with the resident’s address.
• Exhibit must be on private property and be seen from the roadside. Must not block or obstruct traffic. (The EHT Police Department will receive a list of exhibitors and addresses to maximize safety.)
• Social distance protocols must be observed by both exhibitors and viewers. 6 feet distancing and masks when appropriate for all exhibitors and viewers.
• All participants are asked to display two signs with exhibition logo on each side of property roadside. Full color 5” x 11” or bigger! Click printable PDF below.
• Homeowner/artist assumes all responsibility and will sign waiver on online registration form.
• No sales on the day of the event. However, promotional materials may be distributed.
• Leave no trace. Full clean-up and breakdown of display within two hours of closing time.
• All art media are welcome, with the exception of amplified music.
• Notify us online at any time if you change your mind or need to cancel your exhibit for any reason.